Carondelet Center is handicap-accessible on all levels. We offer ample free parking in our expanded lot next to the building.
Historic Carondelet Center offers a retreat and event facility located in the heart of St. Paul, Minnesota, just 10 minutes from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International airport. Gracious spaces provide inviting sites for conferences, meetings, workshops, spiritual retreats along with special events. For rest, reflection, and prayer, Carondelet Center is an ideal venue.
Carondelet Center is stately brick and stone Beaux Art landmark. Built in 1912 by architect John W. Wheeler, the building originally served as the Novitiate for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Today, Carondelet Center’s meeting spaces weave modern amenities with antique period detail and charm.
Nestled into the beautifully landscaped campus of the Sisters of St. Joseph, adjacent to St. Catherine University, Carondelet Center provides a perfect base to wander peaceful floral gardens, idyllic wooded grounds, or to explore the numerous cultural delights the Twin Cities has to offer.
Carondelet Retreat and Conference Center Features and Amenities:
- Conveniently located in the heart of the Twin Cities 10 minutes from the St. Paul/Minneapolis airport.
- Meeting rooms for groups from 2 to 200
- PA system with cordless microphones
- Epson LCD projectors
- TV, DVD, VCR
- High ceilings and windows in each conference room
- Flexible seating arrangements
- Air conditioning/ Individual thermostats
- Refreshments and snacks
- Separate conference and dining rooms
- Quiet Breakout Rooms
- 2 small, personal rooms for Spiritual Direction or Counseling.
- 11 air-conditioned bedrooms accommodating 23 guests with dorm style setting (Note: Beginning June 2013, there will no longer be lodging at Carondelet Center. The Sisters of St. Joseph are undergoing a space study. We will update the website when sleeping accommodations are again available.)
- Spiritual retreats and conferences for groups and individuals
- Carondelet Center gift shop for that features handcrafted items by the Sisters of St. Joseph
- Scenic grounds that provide an oasis for reflection wooded strolls
- The Grand Rounds Scenic Byway Mississippi River bike/foot trail access less than 1.0 mile from Carondelet Center
~Carondelet Center is a ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and Consociates,
St. Paul Province~